Friday, December 10, 2010

Ripples in a Pool - Eighth Ring

Eight Maids a Milking... Reverb continues.

Prompt #8
December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.


Wow. This one is tough. It is hard to talk well about one's self without coming across as rather self-centred (which might be why I have trouble writing a blog). Okay, I'll give it a shot. The most obvious feature I think is my height. I'm quite tall and I think that give me a presence that one could find appealing. I have eyes that change colour. I truly find people interesting and have a tendency to ramble on when I'm nervous.I have been told that I'm too nice, and some time I wish I could always be that nice guy. I like smart people and being smart. Their is beauty in listening to intelligence as well as speaking it. I like a good walk. 


I'm not sure how different that is from anyone else, as everyone can be beautiful if only in one way and only for a period of time. One of my great wishes would be to figure out to see it easily in other people. To have that sober second thought ready and at hand.


I hope that wasn't too self-indulgent or flippant. I wonder why it's hard to speak of one's own beauty. Is it a Canadian thing? a guy thing?

1 comment:

  1. The thing that is "beautiful" about you is posts like this--always thinking about other people and relating to them/us. Ok, it is cool that you are so tall, too. It's especially fun to see you with S&Z, because of all the contrasting heights!

    ReplyDelete