Sunday, June 16, 2013

Science!

It is weird to go to the science centre so much now. I wasn't raise in Toronto so the science centre, like the zoo, is a far away attraction that you went to once as a field trip. Now it is a short drive or bus ride away. Plus it is not that pricey when you get a membership.
The exhibits change so slowly, but it is interesting to see them repaired. When you go once you assume the place is falling apart, when it reality it is in a state of slow repair.
As an older person, you wonder if the building is perhaps not properly designed for its function. There is a lot of empty space which is unused. I am not sure if it is an sign of a grandeur plan for the site or actual bad designed.
Still, it is a fun place and speaks to the ideas of Science! The idea of exploring and working to understand the work.
It is also impressive that how the staff entertains the hordes of children that descend on them. In their white coats they work hard to entertain and inform. I wonder how successful they are.
I fund myself inspired to learn more but that is not a hard thing to do.
I am glad that I can take my daughter to such a place. Even if the food is pricey.

No comments:

Post a Comment