Saturday, June 8, 2013

Head Space

Another month has passed, I am no Samuel Pepys.

I have had a lot in my head recently. Which I realize is not that big revelation to anyone who knows me as I am a brain oriented kind of guy. That said, there has been a bunch of social stuff going on (go check out my game blog) as well, so i haven't been a hermit.

What's going on upstairs? Nothing super productive.

1. Strip Search is winding up with the two episode finale starting next Friday. As I previously menitioned, this show has touched me in a way I never thought a reality show would ever be able to do. The manufactured drama was low in the web series which probably kept me from tuning out. The main draw fro me is that it was about drawing comics. It has inspired me to draw which I had let lapse for the past couple of years. Watching the prelude to the finale (aptly title "A kick in the pants") really spoke to me that I should just do my comic and get it out there. My great hope is that the inspiration from it gets me going. You heard it first, webcomic to come. :)

2. Reading. I have had a bad habit recently of watching a lot of instructional you tube videos. It has the illusion of being productive. I don't know if it is the increase in sunlight of summer, or if my brain has become bored and had its full and wants something new or "harder", but I find myself you tube weary.  And so, I have moved back to proper reading (well beyond the newspaper, but you can only read political scandals for so long then you realize you need to step away). My first book was a bit of a disappointment (book club book), but I am now working on a couple of volumes and it's weird how your brain switches when you go from passive watching to active reading. Hopefully for the better.

3. Moving - I am switching floors at my office and I have to say that my dislike of moving has not changed. A nightmare of going through one's workplace to see all the trinkets you have accumulated to try and give you're office a comforting feel. The silver lining is that I am moving to a window office and can enjoy more sun. Although I will see a lot more of the parking lot. :)

4. Visiting friends. Finally saw my friends in London and see their wonderfully renovated house and more importantly hangout. Although we did see a horrible movie (Safe Haven...Avoid!!!)

After all of this I have been in a bit of a torpor. I have been very uncreative. I hope to shake it off this weekend. Need to get some sun, exercise and good food.

I think I might try to do some more themed blogs, or research quick posting. Maybe I can do it through twitter or something. I do have a cool smart phone (muhahah)

All right. That's it for now.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment