Sunday, April 10, 2011

Go to the Birds

I realize now that for one that doesn't really have any ornithological skills, I have been to four bird aviaries in the past two years. On top of that, three were in other countries; apparently I'm willing to go out of one's way to see bird sanctuaries. The oddest fact is that I don't think I know any more about birds than I did before touring these places. My identification skills are next to nil and I don't possess any vocabulary to discuss birds--apart from the obvious differences of size, colour, and outlandish beaks. As someone who loves trivia. They are like nosily,  tropical shrines to my ignorance.

That said, I have always liked birds, particularly observing them.. It's like people watching, only they let you take pictures.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment